If you wish to gather footage, take photos or otherwise cover activities at the voting place, please take note of the following:
- Arrangements must be made in advance with Elections PEI.
- Upon arrival at the voting place members of the media should make their presence known to the (SDRO) Supervising Deputy Return Officer.
- Care must be taken not to block access to the voting place entrance or otherwise interfere with the orderly operation of the voting location.
- Cameras are not allowed to show voters marking their ballots as this would compromise the secrecy of the ballot.
- If any voter objects to media being present in the voting place while he or she is voting, all media personnel must exit the voting place until the voter has voted and exited the voting place.
- Electronic communication devices (e.g. cell phones) cannot be used to take photos or videos within a voting location.
Download and fill out this Permission To Enter Polls Form and submit to Elections PEI CEO for signed approval prior to entering any Polling Location.
Media inquiries may be directed to:
Manager of Operations and Communications
Phone: 902-368-5895 ext 3