Employment Opportunity - Deputy Chief Electoral Officer
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
DEPUTY CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER
Deputy Chief Electoral Officer
Office of the Chief Electoral Officer - Elections PEI
(Full Time Excluded Position)
Elections Prince Edward Island is an independent, non-partisan office of the Legislative Assembly and has overall responsibility for the conduct and administration of elections and plebiscites on Prince Edward Island. The Deputy Chief Electoral Officer is responsible for providing professional guidance to the Chief Electoral Officer and staff in all operations, training, finance, logistics and administrative matters and represents Elections Prince Edward Island in the absence of the Chief Electoral Officer. This is a non-partisan statutory position which is an appointment by the Legislative Assembly on the recommendation of the Standing Committee on Legislative Management and supported by at least two-thirds of the Legislative Assembly.
- non-partisan is essential;
- a completed degree from a recognized university or extensive experience in a related field;
- knowledge of election legislation (Election Act and the Election Expense Act);
- excellent competency working in various computer programs (Microsoft Office, Adobe);
- proven experience and ability to work in a team environment;
- superior organizational and planning skills;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- demonstrated ability to work under pressure and with tight time lines;
- excellent aptitude for detail and accuracy;
- working knowledge of various IT infrastructures (computers, printers, scanners);
- self motivated with minimal supervision;
- knowledge of administrative functions including a records management system;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset;
- Election experience would be considered an asset.
- comply with legislation as it relates to election events;
- develop policies and procedures;
- conduct research on electoral processes;
- ensure election readiness state is maintained;
- review documentation for accuracy and compliance of legislation;
- organize and coordinate election events when required;
- provide guidance to election officials;
- other duties as required.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation: Salary range $30.27 - $37.84 (Level 18 - Excluded Position)
Competition Closes: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Forward Resumes to:
Gary B. McLeod
Chief Electoral Officer
160-176 Great George Street
Charlottetown, PE C1A4K9