Election LegislationElections PEI is responsible for the administration of the following Acts. To read these acts you will need the free Acrobat reader.
- Election Act [PDF, 876KB]
- Election Expenses Act [PDF, 094KB]
- Electoral Boundaries Act [PDF, 95KB]
- Controverted Elections (Provincial) Act [PDF, 237KB]
- Plebiscities Act [PDF, 110KB]
The Election Act was assented to on May 2, 1996.
Printed copies of the Election Act (as well as the related Election Expenses Act, Electoral Boundaries Act, and Controverted Elections (Provincial) Act) are available from Island Information Service at:
First Floor - Jones Building
11 Kent Street
PO Box 2000
Phone: (902) 368-4000
Fax: (902) 368-5544
Copies of the Election Act cost $ 3.20 plus GST.