Voter ID Requirements
For the upcoming by-election;
You can vote in the upcoming by-election in District 21, Summerside-Wilmot if:
- you are a Canadian citizen
- you will be 18 years of age on or before ordinary polling day
- you have been a resident of Prince Edward Island for at least six months immediately preceding the date of the writ.
For the upcoming plebiscite on Democratic Renewal;
You can vote in the upcoming plebiscite in Prince Edward Island if:
- you are a Canadian citizen on or by November 7, 2016;
- you will be 16 years of age on or before November 7, 2016; and
- you have been a resident of Prince Edward Island for at least six months immediately preceding November 7, 2016.
To vote or register in person, you will be required to produce identification (ID). The quickest and easiest form of ID is to produce your PEI Driver's Licence/Voluntary ID card. If you do not have a Driver's Licence, you can provide 2 pieces of ID from the list of Acceptable IDs
The full policy on Voter Identification can be found here.